[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] LOAS (aka LATM) demuxer

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Aug 2 15:17:09 CEST 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Kieran Kunhya wrote:

> > It is on its own not very useful since I doubt loas
> > files/streams exists
> > besides the ones I've extracted out of mpeg-ts samples. It
> > needs to be
> > integrated into the mpeg-ts demuxer. I'm not convinced that
> > demuxer
> > chaining is the best way to do it.
>
> Without chained demuxing how would you handle LATM in rtsp which has
> been seen in the wild (youtube iirc)? Presumably someone will be crazy
> enough to use LATM in mp4 in the future too.
>
> I'm not saying these formats are in any way sane but there's going to be
> a ton of code duplication otherwise.

I guess it varies from case to case what is the most sane way to use it.
We already use chained demuxers for some RTP formats, so I don't think
it'd be a problem to use it for this format, too. But for mpegts, I can
see how it feels a bit complicated.

// Martin