[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] LOAS (aka LATM) demuxer

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Mon Aug 2 01:00:21 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 02:57:02PM -0700, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > It is on its own not very useful since I doubt loas files/streams
> > exists besides the ones I've extracted out of mpeg-ts samples. It
> > needs to be integrated into the mpeg-ts demuxer. I'm not convinced
> > that demuxer chaining is the best way to do it.
>
> Without chained demuxing how would you handle LATM in rtsp which has
> been seen in the wild (youtube iirc)? Presumably someone will be crazy
> enough to use LATM in mp4 in the future too.
>
> I'm not saying these formats are in any way sane but there's going to
> be a ton of code duplication otherwise.

I'm probably still annoyed of the misdesign.

I think something like a sub-demuxer with access the the parents
AVForamtContext wouldn't that much code duplication and would make the
both the loas (sub) demuxer (timestamp handling for example) and common
code (much smaller list of introducing regressions in libavformat users)
easier.

Janne