[FFmpeg-devel] A new FATE

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Aug 1 19:03:23 CEST 2010

Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/7/30 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>:
> [...]
>> This is not vapour-ware. ?It is already live at http://fate.ffmpeg.org/
>
> Thanks for working hard on this.
>
>> Everything required on the client side is in FFmpeg svn, and the
>> source code for the server side is available from git at
>> http://git.mansr.com/?p=fateweb or git://git.mansr.com/fateweb
>
> One other thing I didn't like about Mike's FATE was that it was hard
> to analyze the generated data locally. I'm trying to set up a local
> fateweb server to test the results but I haven't succeeded. The last
> error I got was "Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"FATEWEB_CONFIG"} in
> string at FATE.pm line 23." in the server logs. Could you please give
> us a quick description on how to set up a local server?

There are two things to do:

1. Feed the reports to a local copy of the fate-recv.sh script.  It
requires the environment variables FATEDIR and FATE_USER (sorry about
the inconsistent underscore) respectively to the directory you wish to
store reports and an arbitrary name.  These can simply be exported in
the fate.sh config file.

2. Configure your favourite web server to run the *.cgi scripts as,
you guessed it, CGI scripts.  Two environment variables are required
here:

 - FATEWEB_CONFIG: a Perl file which sets $fatedir to the same
   directory as FATEDIR in step 1.  Some other settings are possible
   but not required.

 - PERL5LIB: This the Perl module search patch which must contain the
   directory of FATE.pm.

That should be all.  Note that I have made much less effort into
making the server side ultra-portable, so you may need to install some
extra tools to make it work.

BTW, I can make the raw report data on my server available if anyone
wants it.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com