[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] libswscale: fix warning regarding "no return in non void function"

Dominique Leuenberger dominique-ffmpeg-devel
Thu Apr 22 19:48:52 CEST 2010

In libswscale, in case HAVE_7REGS is not defined to true, there are
two functions that result in empty code blocks.

And as a consequence, the compiler warns about no return value in a
non void function.

The attached patch fixes this by:
- Moving the #if HAVE_7REGS out of the function declaraion (meaning
the function does not exist at all if we do not HAVE_7REGS.
- Change some logic to not call the functions if they would not return
useful result anyway.

I would be grateful if somebody could review this patch and apply it,
if considered useful.

Best regards,
Dominique, aka DimStar