[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg adaptation to use CrystalHD hardware

Luis Moreira lpmnonius
Thu Apr 22 12:03:00 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I have made some modifications to ffmpeg code in order to decode video
through CrystalHD. The board decodes the frames successfully, I am able to
pass the data to structure that carries the frame, a screen of
ffplay appears, but no frames are displayed. I see all the information about
the frames in the terminal, but nothing on the screen. I thought maybe is a
problem of configuration... What variables are essential  in the AVFrame
structure for ffplay to play the video? I set data, linesize, pict_type,
reference, type, qscale_type, coded_picture_number, qstride and age.
I thought of another possibility... Since I am setting age to current time,
maybe when the player sees the frame it is already in the past, and discards
it... this could be true if the frames were scheduled.
Please help.

Regards
              Luis Moreira