[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Removing non-pthreads support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 20 21:29:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:29:14PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > And there is no question it is a maintenance effort, I just think in
> > the case of Windows it is a small enough to be justified by the higher
> > convenience for users.
>
> How is --enable-win32threads more convenient than --enable-pthreads?
> The build environments we require come with pthreads already, so
> there's no added burden there.

Hm, does MinGW include it nowadays?
The convenience is in being able to easily build a single binary for
redistribution, which I though so far is the way most people get Windows
binaries for both FFmpeg and MPlayer, but which requires statically linked
pthreads which does not seem to work properly.
At least that is my understanding of the situation.