[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC mentor for audio module playback system requested

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Apr 17 15:12:47 CEST 2010

Hi all,

a GSoC student (Sebastian Vater) applied for the audio libavfilter
project which I'm mentoring, but after some discussion we concluded
that he could undertake the implementation of a native audio module
playback system (see [1]) as his GSoC main task, while we agreed on
the IFF-ANIM qualification task.

Sebastian seems to already have robust experience with such systems as
he already implemented an audio mixing engine and a track composer
program, as well as experience with ASM/RE.

I'm asking here for another mentor because I'm not sure I can commit
the time to follow two GSoC projects and also I'd prefer someone with
more experience in the audio field to mentor him.

I'll happily try to help with co-mentoring / reviewing as my time
permits, and we can eventually find some flexible form of collective
co-mentorship to follow his project (that is true of course for all
the other gsoc projects).

Regards.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Module_file
--
FFmpeg = Fanciful & Fantastic Mean Practical Exciting Generator