[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] mjpeg restart marker parsing

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Apr 3 22:14:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 09:35:10PM -0700, Tom Harper wrote:
> re:
> On 3/31/2010 3:23 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> I would prefer it without the next_restart_marker related code.
>> if you want we could print all restart marker values if
>> debug&  FF_DEBUG_STARTCODE is set, but that should be a seperate patch
>>

> My test sample has restart markers every 10 macroblocks, any sort of
> logging would not be very useful unless the restart markers were incorrect.
>  At 720p/30fps such logging would render any other debugging info useless.
> I don't see why the patch has to be re-written, given that it is

> technically correct and informs you if the input is wrong?  Without the
> next marker code you would never know this.

the error concealent code does this once its hooked up.
duplicating part of its functionalty like this is not ok

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus