[FFmpeg-devel] MMS protocol implementation progress

zhentan feng spyfeng
Sat Apr 3 14:53:20 CEST 2010

Hi

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Tamas Selmeci <tselmeci at open-st.eu> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I see that MMS-over-TCP protocol implementation is in progress.
>
> The link that was mentioned on this list (mmst://
> Mv-helix1.cwru.edu/a/physics/kavli_cerca_npr.wmv<http://mv-helix1.cwru.edu/a/physics/kavli_cerca_npr.wmv>)
> works with the patch, mplayer states it's an ASF/TCP stream. However, other
> ASF/TCP streams do not load, e.g. mmst://stream01.gtk.hu:80/Jazzy<http://stream01.gtk.hu/Jazzy>
>
> Thanks for your feedback about the mmst patch.
mmst patch is not accepted by FFmpeg, it need some improvements.
 I'll check it once I get my workstation.

> My question: are you going to do anything with MMS-over-UDP or
> MMS-over-HTTP? For the latter, here's an example URL: mmst://
> 88.191.102.29:80/soulfulhouse <http://88.191.102.29/soulfulhouse>

yes, I'll implement mmsh:// and mmsu://, ie MMS-over-Http and MMS-over-UDP.
I think the url should started with mmsu:// and mmsh:// if the protocol are
MMS-over-UDP and MMS-over-Htpp respectively.
and most mms:// url means MMS-over-Http now.

> [...]
zhentan