[FFmpeg-devel] improved DV probe score patch BROKES detecting 1-frame DV

Maksym Veremeyenko verem
Fri Sep 25 10:48:55 CEST 2009

Reimar D?ffinger ???????(??):
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:29:13AM +0300, Maksym Veremeyenko wrote:
>> Maksym Veremeyenko ???????(??):
[...]
>> Are there any progress for this problem?
>
> The DV format detection is not the problem, it works fine for what I can
> tell.
For that case it definitely DV file with proper file extension... May be
it has sense to increase ratio value according to minimal DIF sequence
marks/headers found at least in one frame of stream?

> It seems that some other format detection is broken and detects this as
> non-DV with the same value, thus breaking things.
> Is there some easy way to make FFmpeg print information about this or is
> it missing?
I always thought that format detection for ffmpeg is prioritized in way:
1. "-f <format>" input format redefinition
2. input file extension
3. stream probe
Why does it perform stream probe if input file extension is defined?