[FFmpeg-devel] Security issues?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Tue Sep 22 23:33:47 CEST 2009

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > Carl Eugen, do you mind if we reopen issue 1240, at least until
> > they're in individual bug reports?
> >
> > https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue1240
>
> I mind. The report is invalid and for a good reason, proper bug
> tracking is impossible with that kind of reports and it shouldn't
> be encouraged.

I totally agree.

I'd like to add that I added most of the reproducible crashes from Chromium to
roundup, but since nobody reacted (not even "no, this is not security relevant
because it is just a null-pointer-dereference") I lost interest to check the
remaining ones.
I will probably test them this week.

@Michael: Since you obviously are interested in security-relevant issues: Could
you downgrade the importance in roundup if you believe the issues are not
important?

Carl Eugen