[FFmpeg-devel] sgi without rle

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Thu Sep 17 23:40:51 CEST 2009

Anne-Laure de Smit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to modify sgienc.c for that image sgi are not compressed (without
> rle). How can I do this?

First of all, look at sgidec.c to see in what compressed and
uncompressed sgi images differs (and how uncompressed data is stored).
Then, you need a way to specify through the command line if the user
want compression or not. I suggest  "-compression_level" command line
parameter that will set avctx->compression_level (as is done in
tiffenc.c). Then, finally, in encode_frame(), just write the
uncompressed data to the buffer if the avctx->compression_level is set
to zero.

-Vitor