[FFmpeg-devel] get_bits overrun checking from Google Chrome patches

Alex Converse alex.converse
Tue Sep 8 18:46:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Reimar
D?ffinger<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 01:29:27AM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
>> I'm actually a little surprised we didn't spot and remedy this
>> earlier. Any suggestions for any cleaner solutions than Google's
>> proposition?
>
> Yes, fix the codecs to explicitly check for buffer end at the appropriate
> (codec-specific!) points, taking advantage of the fact that buffers are
> 0-padded.

It's fairly simple to include a get_bits_count inside the loop. I just
don't know how much we need to pad, the maximum size of a rogue syntax
element.

--Alex