[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] improving shame list

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Oct 26 11:28:49 CET 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 08:51:37PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> When looking at our shame.html i was wondering if the list is not a little
> too flat.
> I mean it lists who violate our license with links to details but this makes
> it quite hard for a causual visitor to see who is violating fineprint and
> who is violating the spirit of the license, thus

They are all violating the spirit of the license, I have yet to see a
fineprint violator, whatever that may be.

> I volunteer to write & post a patch that does change the list to such a table
> but i dont volunteer to fill in things that arent in the current list.
> Ill write&post that patch if there are no objections ...

To be completely honest, there are a bunch of things I'd rather see you
do.  I think that - while well-intentioned - this will just spread
valuable resources thinner than they already are.  We have the (sorry
excuse for a) bug tracker to maintain the state of violations.

This sounds like a duplication of effort and waste of time to me, sorry.

Diego