[FFmpeg-devel] [HOWTO] Building FFmpeg for iPhone

Mahmut Akcay mahakcay
Sun Oct 4 10:16:39 CEST 2009

2009/10/3 M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com>

> Mahmut Akcay <mahakcay at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Does it work with the recommended configure line for 3GS?  What if you
> >> use --cpu=arm926ej-s?
> >>
> > I've just tried --cpu=cortex-a8 on 3GS. Yes, it does the decoding
> properly:)
> > It seems that the problem happens when using --cpu=arm926ej-s on both 3G
> and
> > 3GS.
>
> Thanks, that narrows it down.  Now, can you please edit dsputil_arm.c
> and comment out lines assigning values to c->put_pixels_tab until it
> starts working or none remain?  When you have found the minimal number
> of functions to disable, tell me the result.

I've commented out both c->put_pixels_tab and  c->put_no_rnd_pixels_tab but
nothing changed.

I've tried to turn off the arm optimizations, below my findings:
1- Using "--disable-armv6 --disable-armvfp" -> Doesn't decode properly
2- Using "--disable-armv6 --disable-armvfp --disable-armv5te" -> Decodes
properly