[FFmpeg-devel] Deinterlacing

Hervé herve.flores
Fri Nov 27 13:47:34 CET 2009

Le 27 nov. 09 ? 13:39, Mikhail Pritula a ?crit :

> Hi, Fellows.
>

> I noticed, that FFmpeg doesn't watch on AVFrame field
> interlaced_frame and
> without option -deinterlace never does deinterlacing, and with option
> -deinterlace always does deinterlacing.
>
> May be I mistaken, but it seems to me, that FFmpeg should be able to
> deinterlace only interlaced frames.

> Something like -deinterlace-if-needed option.
>
> If this makes sense, I will post patch with new option soon.
>
> What do you think?

(my 2 cents, I'm not an FFmpeg dev)
there is a lot of buggy files on the internet, taggued as progressive
but with an interlaced contents.
so "-deinterlace-if-needed will tell: "no need"

if "-deinterlace-if-needed" is the new behavior for "-deinterlace",
some concerns could occur?
if "-deinterlace-if-needed" is a new option? (I'm not an FFmpeg dev to
give some advise to you)

bye

Herv?