[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavdevice, audio output devices

Ivo ivop
Wed Nov 25 16:54:56 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009, 01:35:59, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 08:44:30PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> > My proposal would be to extend AVFMT_FLAG_NONBLOCK to non-blocking
> > behaviour for output too and fix oss_audio. This leads to the greatest
> > flexibility for third-party applications using libavdevice.
>
> if you can make muxers non blocking thats great, though i think this
> will might be hard with more complex muxers

Yes, I hadn't thought about that. How about adding an extra flag to
AVOutputFormat, similar e.g. AVFMT_TS_DISCONT and AVFMT_VARIABLE_FPS,
indicating whether the format supports non-blocking behaviour?

If not, would it be better to follow the current definition of
AVFMT_FLAG_NONBLOCK and fix the non-blocking avdevice muxers?

Regards,
--Ivo