[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Request for pixdesc API review

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Nov 21 19:47:41 CET 2009

On date Saturday 2009-11-21 17:00:58 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
[...]
> PixFmtInfo contains the color_type value which can assume these
> values:
> FF_COLOR_RGB
> FF_COLOR_GRAY
> FF_COLOR_YUV
> FF_COLOR_YUV_JPEG
> FF_PIXEL_PLANAR
> FF_PIXEL_PACKED
>
> we came to the conclusion that colorspace information don't belong to
> pixdesc, so some of these informations cannot be put in the pixdesc,
> we could still add some macros in imgconvert.c and use them and still
> be able to dump PixFmtInfo, would be this acceptable?
>
> Similarly for the PixFmtInfo.is_alpha field we could either use a
> PIX_FMT_ALPHA flag (not sure this is a good idea, afterall this may be
> considered as a colorspace info) or use some macro.

I just want to add that of course we can keep the PixFmtInfo struct,
so no need to remove that, we can just remove what will result useless
when the pixdescs will be used.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fostering & Funny Mind-dumbing Plastic Enlightening Gadget