[FFmpeg-devel] Missing sequence end code for BMP to Mpeg2

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Nov 21 04:00:46 CET 2009

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 06:22:17PM -0800, Dave Brown wrote:
>> Hi - I am converting a single BMP image to mpeg2 using the following command:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i ntsc.bmp -target ntsc-dvd -aspect 4:3 ntsc.mpeg
>>
>> It looks like the resulting mpeg is missing the sequence end code. Is
>> this a known bug? I saw some previous bugs about a similar issue, for
>> example:
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-January/058789.html
>>
>> Any idea on this?  Thanks!
>
> I think the seq end code was ommited due to some concatenation issues,
> it should be pretty easy to add it. Question is if this is a good idea
>
> maybe mans knows the standard fineprint on this better than i do?

A stream without a sequence end code is obviously valid in the sense
that it is potentially the start of a longer stream.  That said, I
have encountered decoders that would refuse the output the delayed
frames without it.

Baptiste?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd