[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Request for pixdesc API review

Olivier Galibert galibert
Wed Nov 18 06:41:50 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:47:00AM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>    s = comp->is_chroma ? expr(log2_chroma) : 0;

If you're adding per-component type information, why don't you go all
the way and say its full type (R, G, B, Y, U, V, etc).  That would
make the structure a full replacement of the constant in the aimed for
95% of the cases, instead of needing the constant to do the mapping.
Makes a mostly generic convert-to-rgb possible.

Also, I notice you can't handle 32-bits component values (I'm thinking
floating point here).  Intentional?

  OG.