[FFmpeg-devel] Suggest to use reviewboard to review the code

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Nov 16 21:25:30 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 06:44:15PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> zhihang wang <zhihang.wang at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi, ffmpeg friends. Can use the reviewboard (www.reviewboard.org) to review
> > the code ? Perpahs it will be more quickly to review the submitted patch.
>
> I hate web-based tools, and Michael hates them more.  It would not
> accomplish anything.

if we had 2 or 3 people who liked web based tools we could have a
entertaining flamewar, its been quite a while since the last i think ;)

anyway, the biggest problem with reviews is that they are alot of work
and take time. The tools used make little difference, i could do a review
with pencil and paper and i doubt it would take me much more time ...
btw zhihang, have you tried our patcheck tool?

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf