[FFmpeg-devel] Intel IPP H264 encoder

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Nov 16 15:23:33 CET 2009

"Erik Van Grunderbeeck" <erik at arawix.com> writes:

>>That's the part that's impossible.  E.g. the H.264 deblock filter
>>interface doesn't at all fit in with our decoder.
>
> Sorry if I miss something here, but I was talking about the encoder only.
>
> Isn't the x264 encoder an inloop deblock filter (just like in ipp)?

I don't know what you're talking about.  The IPP I know is a set of
primitives intended as building blocks in codec.  Some of them can be
easily plugged in as dsputil functions, e.g. the IDCT.  The H.264
functions (MC, deblock, etc.) have totally incompatible interfaces so
we cannot use them without massive changes to all our code.

If you want to use IPP for encoding H.264, you should be looking at
x264, not ffmpeg.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com