[FFmpeg-devel] Ffmpeg-mt vs regular Ffmpeg

Igor Gueths igueths
Wed Nov 11 16:09:55 CET 2009

Hi all. Just a question, are these two codebases currently merged, or are they
still two seperate projects? I just recently obtained a multicore laptop, and
was trying to figure out how I could utilize multiple cores for
decoding/transcoding if desired. According to
http://linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2009072701735MMHLSD, the two sets of
libraries are still seperate, yet as of MPlayer revision 29868, the manpage
includes details on a threads option that can be passed to -lavdopts. Any
additional info on this is appreciated. Thanks!
--
Igor