[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] simplify exp_table generation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Nov 7 14:32:30 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 08:55:20PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> following patch IMO makes it more obvious that exp_table is just a
> partial copy of expval_table and avoids the duplicate llrintf.

if you want to split that code out, i would say it could be split
in 2 loops like
for(512)
    for(16)

this should be simpler than what you suggest

> I think I also asked whether it is probably ok to replace the llrintf(f)
> with f + 0.5, since llrintf is not available everywhere and the
> libavutil/mathematics.h workaround is difficult to use for the case of
> hardcoded tables + cross-compiling.

my gut feeling says no, it will cause float exceptions on some platforms
like the code that that we had prior to llrintf()

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle