[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] Artist and Track Number not converted from flac to mp3

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai
Fri May 29 02:05:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Ramiro Polla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Patrice Bensoussan
> <patrice.bensoussan at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It seems that the Artist and Track Number info is lost when converting from
> > flac to mp3. Sample file uploaded in
> > /MPlayer/incoming/MissingTagsWhenConvertingFLAC
> >
> > ffmpeg -i TrackAndArtistMissingAferConversionToMP3.flac -map_meta_data 0:0
> > file.mp3
> >
> > (same issue when converting to m4a). I tried to have a quick look at the
> > code, but couldn't find out what the problem is... if anyone can help and
> > have some time...
>
> I have this patch in my tree that for some reason hasn't ever been
> submitted. Could you test and see if it still works?

I didn't test the patch, but I believe the same problem applies also to
any stream with Vorbis-comments. The Xiph.org documentation[1] proposes
"ARTIST" field, whereas FFmpeg code directly maps "author".

[1] http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html

--
] ccr/TNSP^DKD^pWp :: ccr(at)tnsp(dot)org :: http://ccr.tnsp.org/
] Fingerprint: 0466 95ED 96DF 3701 C71D   D62D 10A6 28A6 1374 C112