[FFmpeg-devel] Help with H.264 inter prediction code please

Kevin Wu Won exclipy
Tue May 5 15:17:12 CEST 2009

Hi Jason,

> ffmpeg does not have a native H.264 encoder. ?Perhaps you're looking for x264?

Sorry, I might a bit confused about the relationship between
libavcodec and x264.  I'm looking in the code base for libavcodec and
I see files like h264enc.c and mpegvideo_enc.c which do seem to
contain encoders for various formats, including H.264, down to the
macroblock/motion vector level at least.

I've tried looking at the x264 code before coming here but found it
horribly unreadable.

> This is also the wrong mailing list, even for an ffmpeg question.

Hmm.. can you point me to the right one?  I don't want to just use
ffmpeg, I want to hack at its code.

Thanks,
Kevin.