[FFmpeg-devel] Gsoc application : Help

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Tue Mar 31 04:01:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> i also think this would be a good idea ... luckily iam no mentor so i
> have a solid excuse for not doing the work ;)

Well, now they know. :-).

Some problems, which the google webinterface can't help us with:
- we don't know the order of preference of the students (i.e., if one
student gives us three projects, which would he like to work on most
if he could choose?)
- even the order of preference of mentors (us) is fishy at best (i.e.
which of the 5 rtmp projects do we think is best? does one of the
students who's proposing to do rtmp have another proposal which is
better? etc.)

Best and safest thing to do, for now, is for all students to do
multiple soc proposals while we figure out the above.

Ronald