[FFmpeg-devel] Gsoc application : Help

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann
Tue Mar 31 02:53:30 CEST 2009

>>    Currently i am doing the qualification task : Optimal Huffman
>> tables for (M)JPEG. I want to know whether there is any specific
>> qualification task for any specified project in the Soc?SInce i am
>> working on Optimal huffman coding,Do i need to apply for any specific
>> project?
>>

> No, there's no rules for that.
>
> In fact, I would generally suggest that students propose multiple SoC
> projects. Some (e.g. RTMP) are very popular, we have several
> applications already, and only one will be chosen, it makes no sense
> to have several students work on RTMP. We don't want to disappoint
> other students who had a good qualification task also, so if you can,
> propose several SoC projects. You can do as many as you like, and you
> only need a single qualification task for all together.

Do you inform students if there are more than one student want to work
on the same topic so that changing or choose multiple GSoC projects?
Would you give not choosen students the oppertunity to change the
project if rejected so the participation for GSoC would not get void?
Would you accept one student working on multiple GSoC projects?

Sorry for that by these question just arised by your mail and I think
they are not part of the FAQ.