[FFmpeg-devel] some renames in the regression testsuite

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Mar 31 00:53:14 CEST 2009

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:20:09PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Some files like reference files are used which contain either the full
>> path (which leaks the directory structure as well), in mov and mxf at least.
>
> Huh? FFmpeg does not support muxing reference files so how is this relevant to
> this case?

It might in the future though, that's something I have found useful in
some scenarios.
This is relevant to point that these files stores the full path in
themselves, and nobody consider this really harmful.

> Also how can you create a file with "reference files" without being aware of it
> (that surely would be a complete usability fail, you could never delete your old
> files without knowing which other new files that breaks)?

Well, at least we have had one bug report on ffmpeg-devel once and the
guy did not know the file was a reference one, it was mixing
self-contained-referenced, you even submitted a hack for it.

So it seems Apple did not make it clear enough...

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no