[FFmpeg-devel] A problem with Error Concealment in P-frames (error_resilience.c)...

Horacio Sanson hsanson
Mon Mar 30 12:33:44 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Hadi Hadizadeh <hadipardis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I encoded a video with x264 with 2 slices per frame and then I dropped the
> second slice of the first P-frame but unfortunately, the codes in
> error_resilience.c cannot conceal the lost slice. Actually, I think it
> cannot detect the macroblocks which have been lost and so it cannot find
> the motion vector of the lost macroblocks. But what is the wrong and how
> can I enable error concealment for lost slices in P-frames? Thanks!

Off topic but could you please tell me how did you encoded with x264
using 2 slices per frame?? I was told recently at ffmpeg-user mailing
list that x264 does not support slices.

Maybe what you think is a slice is actually a complete frame??

regards,
Horacio