[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Qual Task: Optimal Huffman Table

Indrani Kundu Saha indranikundusaha
Sun Mar 29 22:06:47 CEST 2009

Suppose I have the scan data as "F9 FE BE FF 00 AF 80 2B.." between
the header and EOI. These symbols are for the encoded image. Now, I
create a huffman tree over this symbols space. Can someone confirm if
the following approach is correct?

- Do I replace the original encoded  image with the codewords of the
huffman table? i.e. ""F9 FE BE FF 00 AF 80 2B.." is now replaced with
the huffman codewords.
- How to inform the decoder of the presence of a huffman tree
different from the DHT?

Thanks,
Indrani