[FFmpeg-devel] Add waveformat extensible support in wav muxer (SoC qualification task)

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Mar 26 22:55:41 CET 2009

zhentan feng wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/3/26 Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se>
>
>> zhentan feng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi

>>> I downloaded the 6-channel wav file from:
>>>
>>> http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples/Microsoft/6_Channel_ID.wav
>>>
>>> ( and other typr wav files can acess here :
>>> http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples.html )
>>>
>>> 1) then I run ./ffmpeg_g -i 6_Channel_ID.wav channel4.wav
>>>
>>> I get the error:
>>> Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.
>>>
>>> so I run another command:
>>> 2) ./output_example test.wav
>>> ./ffmpeg_g -i test.wav -ac 4 ch4.wav
>>>
>>> and enc->channels is 4, however enc->channel_layout is 0.
>>>

>>> Finally, I have 2 questions:
>>>
>>> 1) how to test the muxer works correctly?
>>>

>> When the muxer works correctly it should be possible to transcode a wav
>> file that contains the wavformatextensible header.
>>
>>  2) where to specify the enc->channel_layout?
>>>
>> It should be filled in by ffmpeg.c.
>>

> I debug the commandline:
> ./ffmpeg_g -i test.wav -ac 4 4ch.wav
>
> and found that the enc->channel_layout value is assigned from the input file
> channel_layout. In this case, it is 0.
> and it seems that "-channel_layout" option doesn't work.
>
> 1) is it need to refresh the channel_layout value according to the channels
> in ffmpeg.c or in put_wav_header()?
> 2) any tools to examine the output file is correct?
>
> zhentan feng

Hi, this is the latest version of my patch. This adds the maybe correct
GUID values. To really test this you need to find a wav file with a
corrrect dwChannelMask. And then make sure that the muxer puts the same
mask to the transcoded file. The output file should also be playable in
windows.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson