[FFmpeg-devel] Add waveformat extensible support in wav muxer (SoC qualification task)

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Mar 26 10:33:14 CET 2009

zhentan feng wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/3/26 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
>

>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:19:00AM +0800, zhentan feng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is patch for the small task of qualification tasks NO.30.
>>> Based on the work of Benjamin Larsson, I generated the pathc as below.
>>>
>>> I think it must need further modifies.
>>>
>> yes, iam not sure if this or benjamins patch was better
>>

> I downloaded the 6-channel wav file from:
> http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples/Microsoft/6_Channel_ID.wav
>
> ( and other typr wav files can acess here :
> http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples.html )
>
> 1) then I run ./ffmpeg_g -i 6_Channel_ID.wav channel4.wav
>
> I get the error:
> Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.
>
> so I run another command:
> 2) ./output_example test.wav
> ./ffmpeg_g -i test.wav -ac 4 ch4.wav
>
> and enc->channels is 4, however enc->channel_layout is 0.
>

> Finally, I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) how to test the muxer works correctly?

When the muxer works correctly it should be possible to transcode a wav
file that contains the wavformatextensible header.

> 2) where to specify the enc->channel_layout?

It should be filled in by ffmpeg.c.

> thanks for any help.

I'll try to look at the code later today.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson