[FFmpeg-devel] MXF D10 regression tests

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 19 20:40:06 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:08:34PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 3/19/2009 11:49 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 06:55:53PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 03:09:13PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >> I protest the (hopefully not intended by you) implication that whoever
> >> tries to fix something suddenly becomes responsible for fixing it.
> >
> > whoever wants something fixed or caused the bug, has to do the work.
> >
> > I certainly dont need it fixed, and i did not cause it IMHO (yeah H works
> > again), yes iam the
> > maintainer of the buggy code but i dont have the time to fix all bugs in
> > code i maintain that someone might uncover, i can also make a list of
> > bugs in mkv & mov & aac & ac3 & vc1 & rv3/4 & rm & ...
> > i dont think the maintainers will be able to fix even one
>
> I might not be able to but at least I can try :>
> Which bug about mov ?

full edit list support, i mean if someone wanted to write a video editor
based on libavformat they want to actually change edit lists ...
and for other containers it could be in a seperate SMIL or other file.

exporting & inporting all that weird & mysterious stuff used for
croping and scaling

as well as all bugs&feature requests on roundup that match mov/mp4

i realize now above could possibly be considered feature requests instead
of bugs

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway