[FFmpeg-devel] Binary bulid facility

aviad rozenhek aviadr1
Thu Mar 19 16:34:58 CET 2009

> I don't think server resources are a problem for us. We just need a
> decision and a system. I could distribute builds via multimedia.cx.
>
> --
>     -Mike Melanson

Binary release make it that much easier to report bugs and compare
performance,because of certainty that everyone is talking about the same
thing.

the svn revision is not everything, there's make version, autotools version,
gcc version, configure script ...
having a binary release means that people who don't know better (such as
myself) can be sure they have the "official" ffmpeg.

i'm really waiting for a binary mingw32 and mingw64 binary release of 0.5,
don't be fooled by sophisticated arguments against releases or binary
releases,
just count the number of downloads of these binary builds once you release
them.

crossing my fingers
Aviad