[FFmpeg-devel] Blu Ray drive donation

Robert Swain robert.swain
Wed Mar 18 19:29:23 CET 2009

On 16/3/09 16:50, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 04:34:52PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>>> I don't see why we shouldn't handle the AES decryption part if someone is
>>> motivated to implement it, we already do it for ASF and MXF - this
>>> assumes the encryption is on the demuxer level or above, we don't handle
>>> the stream level...
>>> The AACS part to get the decryption key, at least the part that involves
>>> the VM of course is not our concern.
>> Indeed.
>>
>> Would you be interested in the donation Reimar?
>
> Only if we can't find anyone with either more free time or more
> interest/knowledge/like of the MPEG demuxer stuff, I'm not really the
> right person for this.

It seems that no one else has really stepped up and the main thing for
the person who receives the drive to do is to support the AACS
decryption, if this is acceptable to have within FFmpeg. Once decryption
is resolved, the rest should be 'doable' from samples.

Does anyone else have any comments?

Regards,
Rob