[FFmpeg-devel] [Fwd: ffserver user list]

Naz lists
Wed Mar 18 11:19:15 CET 2009

compn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:58:03 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>
>> IMO is not a good idea, this would split even more the traffic, and
>> increase the administration burden on the users, also many problems
>> related to ffserver are also related to ffmpeg and friends.
>>

> how about an alias ffserver-user at mphq
> it sends mails to ffmpeg-user, but has [ffserver-user] prefix
>
> -compn

I disagree that it is a bad idea. Most of the feedback that ffserver
users have had (and I've spoken to many others) leads me to the
conclusion that most ffmpeg users and devs avoid ffserver questions, as
it is not as widely used as ffmpeg itself. Furthermore, ffserver has a
discrete operation from ffmpeg, and is different enough that even the
ffmpeg experts are unable to help with even basic ffserver operation.

I also disagree with the idea of an ffserver-users alias. The problem
that we ffserver users have is that our questions are lost among the
other ffmpeg questions, and that we can't easily identify other users
and issues that are relevant to us. An alias would go nowhere towards
solving this issue, nor would it prevent ffserver questions, which
ffmpeg users don't seem interested in, from cluttering up the
ffmpeg-users list.

Please excuse me if I come across as being contrary, it is not my intention.

- Naz.

--

Web:  www.mrnaz.com
Ph:   +61 400 460 662