[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2009: Task

Bartlomiej Wolowiec bartek.wolowiec
Wed Mar 18 00:04:55 CET 2009

Saturday 14 March 2009 00:15:17 Indrani Kundu Saha napisa?(a):
> Hi,,
>    I would like to implement the project "Optimal Huffman tables for
> (M)JPEG" for my proposal to be considered for GSoC 2009.
>
> Thanks,
> Indrani

Hi,
I was interested in this problem some time ago. I even wrote an algorithm and
added it to FFmpeg for tests.?It calculates and prints how much the mjpeg
file would be decreased (you only need to use tables generated by it to
compress the file). Difference was often small (3-5%), so I put it off, but I
was busy. In my opinion it's a good idea to try to use many Huffman tables
for one file. I enclose file which may be useful.

--
Bartlomiej Wolowiec