[FFmpeg-devel] release feedback

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Mar 16 03:01:21 CET 2009

On 16/3/09 01:37, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:04:34AM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>> In a 6 month period, it is pretty much guaranteed that a slew of new
>> formats have been integrated, existing formats will have received a
>> number of changes and the core of FFmpeg will have received some
>> non-trivial changes. 3-4 months gives time for change but not so much
>> time that the step between releases is very large.
>
> I must say I do not share your optimism that we can repeat this every
> 3 months from now on.  We barely managed to put one release out, let's
> start small and work things up from there.  In 3 months we can see if
> a release seems necessary.

As I seem to be the only advocate of 3 month releases with a voice at
the moment, OK. We can play it by ear, though I would prefer to at least
have a targeted release date for 6 months time somewhat set in stone. If
it needs re-arranging by a week or two closer to the time, fair enough.
If when we make said release we feel it was too far from the last
release, we can change our plan.

Regards,
Rob