[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] special "broken DV" demuxer

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 11 21:20:32 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 09:05:32PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:19:32PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> > Then I suggest we revert the support of spacejam*.dv until we find an
> > adequate solution. "pond.dv" has IMHO preference since it was working
> > before.
>
> Maybe someone could start saying what an adequate solution would be! I

if i understood correctly we have a "startcode" that has a few reserved bits
currently we search for it assuming the bits are 1 (as the spec wants)
why dont we instead search for the startcode to occur in the expected
intervals and its reserved bits match between 2 startcodes but without
requireing them to be any specific value?

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch