[FFmpeg-devel] seeking wishlist [was: rmdec.c: parse INDX chunk]

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Mar 11 15:18:54 CET 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, note how read_pts() returns AV_NOPTS_VALUE for old_format, would
> be nice to fix that somehow if possible, no idea how difficult that'd
> be, there's no timestamp information in old_format, it's just a
> lineair sequence of bytes in blocks of a particular length, basically
> like wav but without even the per-chunk header.

I'm going through particulars now. Ok, so av_seek_frame_binary() etc.
is beautiful. But it lacks one small thing: updating the demuxer
afterwards. Is it ok if my rm_seek() function is implemented as this:

int rm_seek() {
  // FIXME maybe some special handling for old_format/multirate
  if (av_seek_frame_binary()<0) return -1;
  rm->audio_pkt_cnt = 0;
  rm->remaining_len = 0;
  return 0;
}

? That seems like it would do the whole thing...

Ronald