[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Mar 8 15:05:56 CET 2009

On 8/3/09 13:31, aviad rozenhek wrote:
>> We thought it would be better to have the results of this QA before
>> pushing out the release and we hope to get them today.
>
> thanks!
> i'll eagerly await a few more days to get the official build
> it might also be a good idea to make a public list of which bugs were fixed
> for this release,
> it might also be nice to change the wording in the "Get FFMpeg"
> page<http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html>
>
>> Formal Releases
>> If you are looking for a formal release, stop now, there are none. Maybe we
>> will have some in the future, but don't hold your breath.
>
> and instead write some useful information about current 0.5 release, about
> FATE status, upcoming releases, etc

We have plans regarding briefly reporting the FATE status through
ffmpeg.org.

We don't know when the next release will be, this kind of thing hasn't
been planned yet. We just want to get a release out the door to get
things started and try to improve our process as we go along rather than
endlessly talking about it and getting nothing done.

There will be information going up about the 0.5 release when it is done.

Regards,
Rob