[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Many formats return wrong position => seeking problems

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Mar 7 15:54:32 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 03:43:12PM +0100, Ivan Schreter wrote:
> I'm writing some low-level support for new seeking API. In principle, it
> works OK now, but many format demuxers in lavf are broken in the sense
> that they don't return correct packet positions. This is mandatory for
> new seeking API and for corrections to current seeking API as well.

Can you please define what "correct position" means? That would make it
easier to know which are broken and how to fix them (or alternatively
flame you if the requirements are too restrictive ;-) ).