[FFmpeg-devel] Request for review

Roman V Shaposhnik rvs
Fri Mar 6 19:53:47 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 17:10 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 03:03:14PM -0800, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
> > Well, since nobody's eager to educate me on the finer
> > points of rate distortion,
>
> see rate_distortion.txt and viterbi.txt in svn

Thanks. I think I understand it better now and I will
definitely try to see how it can be used for DV
quantization step. In DV the task is really to fit
5*[6|8] blocks into 80 bits. Easier than with most
MPEG based codecs, I guess.

Now, if you don't mind, I'd rather try these things
for  DV/DVCPRO/DVCPRO HD at the same time. In order
for that to happen I have to finish my integration of
a DVCPRO HD codec. The patch that was submitted was
to make progress on that account.

It looks like the patch doesn't have negative ramifications
and since it also reduces the # of tables, can it, please,
be allowed to go in?

Thanks,
Roman.