[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Mar 2 21:34:02 CET 2009

2009/3/2 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 05:37:14PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>> > which issue on roundup do i have to fix?
>>
>> The timestamp issue is the following:
>>
>> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2009-March/019303.html
>
> thats not an issue on our bugtracker
> theres no sample file to reproduce
> and its not latest svn

I had some back and forth with this user. When they updated to current
svn the issue was resolved, even if tbr, tbn, tbc and the differing
frame rate messages are confusing.

https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2009-March/019334.html

tbc is the time base in AVCodecContext, tbn is the time base in
AVStream and tbr is r_frame_rate as returned from
av_find_stream_info(). But what do each of these timebases mean? Why
do videos have multiple time bases? One would think they only have one
time base that is sufficient to represent all the time stamps for all
of the frames.

Regards,
Rob