[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Mar 1 21:00:37 CET 2009

2009/3/1 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:35:31PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>> 2009/3/1 Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
>> > There has been a flurry of activity during the past days. ?I must admit
>> > I have lost track of current issues. ?So, are there any regression fixes
>> > pending or any regressions or nasty new bugs that need to be addressed?
>> >
>> > Does HEAD compile and pass regression tests on all OSes and CPU
>> > architectures? ?FATE looks reasonably green right now but I would
>> > like to hear more explicit OKs from you as well.
>>
>> I think FATE looking relatively green is an overstatement.
>>
>> http://fate.multimedia.cx/
>>
>> From the top down:
>>
>> ARM is failing one of the FATE tests (real-14_4).
>
> only one is pretty good, also did it ever pass? if not thats no
> regression and no reason to hold anything

I agree.

>> PPC64 Linux
>> - GCC 4.1.2
>> ? - ICE
>> - GCC 4.3.1
>> ? - fails a regression test pertaining to gxf (it's currently at r17692)
>> ? ? http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10390711
>
> broken HW, overheating system crashes whatever from what ive just read

Right. :) What is the PPC64 machine? Can we do anything (use some of
our mphq funds maybe?) to get it some better cooling?

>> Windows Cygwin
>> - GCC 4.2.4
>> ? - fails wma regression (currently at r17692)
>> ? ? http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10386931
>> - GCC 3.4.6
>> ? - fails wma regression test (currently r17692)
>> ? ? http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10394239
>
> maybe float rounding, noone is working on it so it wont get better from
> waiting, also guessing from the fact that it works on linux its likely
> a bug on windows in some math.h function pow() cos() maybe?

As we were considering disabling this test and altering the way we
conduct tests for float codecs because of off-by-one rounding issues,
I'm not concerned about the wma regression. However, I thought I
remembered seeing all these get cleaned up and everything being very
very green on FATE just last week. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Regards,
Rob