[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sun Mar 1 20:35:31 CET 2009

2009/3/1 Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> There has been a flurry of activity during the past days. ?I must admit
> I have lost track of current issues. ?So, are there any regression fixes
> pending or any regressions or nasty new bugs that need to be addressed?
>
> Does HEAD compile and pass regression tests on all OSes and CPU
> architectures? ?FATE looks reasonably green right now but I would
> like to hear more explicit OKs from you as well.

I think FATE looking relatively green is an overstatement.

http://fate.multimedia.cx/

>From the top down:

ARM is failing one of the FATE tests (real-14_4).

PPC64 Linux
- GCC 4.1.2
  - ICE
- GCC 4.3.1
  - fails a regression test pertaining to gxf (it's currently at r17692)
    http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10390711

Windows Cygwin
- GCC 4.2.4
  - fails wma regression (currently at r17692)
    http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10386931
- GCC 3.4.6
  - fails wma regression test (currently r17692)
    http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10394239

Windows MinGW
- GCC 4.2.4
  - fails during compilation (currently at r17694)
    http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?stderr=60303
- GCC 3.4.6
  - fails a h.264 compliance test (currently at r17695)
    http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10400390

Linux x86_32 seems to have been down for 19 hours and is stuck at
r17671 or thereabouts.

Linux x86_64 is fine, as are 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS X.

Linux PPC is mostly fine except for SVN GCC and I think we can ignore
that for the time being as it's a combination that is known to have
issues.

Regards,
Rob