[FFmpeg-devel] qt-faststart refactor exit code

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Mon Jun 29 22:51:03 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please don't top-post (as in replying before the message). Just take a
> look at the archives, things go much smoother with interleaved
> quoting.

Oops.  I'm new to this list.  I'd never heard of this 'top post' term before
ffmpeg.
My threads arent in the archives yet, but I'll make an effort to interleave
quotes.

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Frank Barchard<fbarchard at google.com>
> wrote:
> > Hey Ramiro!  I use your autobuilds :)  Very helpful, thanks.  It would be
> > nice if qt-faststart were in bin/ prebuilds.
>
> Hmm, including a tool that is rarely updated and not used by so many
> people would only waste bandwidth and storage. I'll think about
> setting a separate builds page for such tools when I find some free
> time.

Its pretty small, so not a huge bandwidth/storage concern:
20,785 qt-faststart_exit_gcc.exe

Granted its rarely used or changed.  It only applies to mov/mp4 movies.  But
I think its best practice to encourage people to use it.

> > Re PRIu64

Also note theres a minor bug with the existing code using %llx.  I deferred
fixing it, as y'all seem to prefer separate submissions for each fix.