[FFmpeg-devel] qt-faststart update

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Thu Jun 25 12:06:15 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 07:29:16PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Reimar D?ffinger
> > <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> for

> > > See MinGW patches to add this feature. There is already a bug report
> with
> > > an unfinished patch. That is the only proper place.
> >
> > I think that patch doesn't fit here... He wants VC support, not MinGW32.
>
> Well... I think the basic idea would still be very similar. There is
> already a inttypes.h reimplementation for VC, something similar could
> probably be done for stdio.h, too, with some hacks for 64 bit file
> access support.

I ran some benchmarks and they showed the GCC version faster than
either ICL or VC.
Which is a bit surprising, and inconsistent with tests I ran earlier,
perhaps because I went back to 1k blocks?
I think these fseeko functions dont exist on mac, or are 32 bit and need
fseeko64?
On Windows, I'll take a look at 2010 beta to see if that helps.
I may revisit this issue later, but for now, I'll drop the portability
patch.