[FFmpeg-devel] license violator seeking help to continue his behavior (was: Re: [BUG] Unable to compile with --enable-runtime-cpudetect on Mac OS X)

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Jun 25 01:24:35 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:12:05PM +0100, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:

> I'm trying to compile ffmpeg for ppc so that it can run on both G3 and
> G4 (using altivec with G4). It seems that --enable-runtime-cpudetect
> option has been introduced recently in configure, so I assume it would
> be the option to use to achieve what I want to do... but doesn't seem
> to work... Am I missing something or is this a known issue/limitation?
>
> /Users/patriceb/tmp/WMA/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.c: In function
> ?getSwsFunc?:
> /Users/patriceb/tmp/WMA/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.c:2001: warning:
> implicit declaration of function ?sws_init_swScale_C?
> /Users/patriceb/tmp/WMA/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.c:2002: error:
> ?swScale_C? undeclared (first use in this function)
> /Users/patriceb/tmp/WMA/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.c:2002: error: (Each
> undeclared identifier is reported only once
> /Users/patriceb/tmp/WMA/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.c:2002: error: for
> each function it appears in.)
>
> Here is my configure line (I am compiling on an Intel Mac for PPC, not
> sure if this matters in this case...):
> (notice that it compiles fine for Intel, so issue seems to be ppc
> specific...)
>
> configure --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-nonfree --disable-bzlib
> --enable-pthreads --disable-network --enable-small --enable-libmp3lame
> --enable-libfaac --arch=ppc --disable-decoder=atrac3 --extra-ldflags="-
> isysroot /Xcode2.5/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk -arch ppc --extra-cflags="-
> isysroot /Xcode2.5/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk -arch ppc --enable-gpl --
> enable-libx264 --enable-libfaad

I cannot reproduce your problem on Mac OS X 10.5.

But this is not the important thing here.  The important thing here is
that you are blatantly violating our license in many ways with your
easywma and easywmv shareware programs:

http://www.easywma.com/
http://www.easywma.com/wmv/

And now you have the cheek to come here to get help preparing your next
release?  This is galling and the fact that you have some patches in
FFmpeg makes it doubly disappointing.

Notice that the only reason you are still not featured on our list of
shame is that the issue tracker is down.

Diego